Directs, establishes, plans and coordinates overall activities of the Tribal Social Services Department and the Social Services staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise and coordinate activities of Social Services staff including scheduling leaves, time sheets, etc.
2. Assign caseloads and related duties. Coordinate staff to provide counseling services, crisis intervention, protective services and providing resources to client families.
3. Assist staff with professional development through individual and group conferences and workshops in analyzing case problems and improving staff diagnostic and helping skills.
4. Review case records, evaluate performance of staff and recommend action.
5. Responsible for the administration of departmental budgets and grants. Supply necessary reports and documentation to funding sources. Coordinate, maintain statistics and billing with appropriate staff.
6. Participate in the development/implementation of Tribal administrative policy. Represent the Tribe in both tribal and non-tribal interagency program development, meetings and activities.
7. Responsible for the coordination of the Tribal child protection team.
8. Serve as a member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) sexual harassment committee. Responsible for the development of sexual harassment reporting protocol and investigation of complaints for Tribal Operations.
9. Research and assist in departmental grant development and acquisition related to Social Services.
10. Coordinate with Federal, State and Tribal agencies representing Tribal interests in program development and client services.
11. Participate on appropriate committees.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
CONTACTS/PURPOSE OF CONTACTS:
Empowered to interact with all levels of personnel in order to communicate operational decisions. Has frequent contact with administrative staff, the Tribal community, and members of the general public as individuals or groups.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/SAFETY HAZARDS:
Frequent use of hands, wrists, fingers associated with computer operation. Some travel required. Must be confidential.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or Human Services Related field, Masters Degree preferred. Must have supervisory experience in Social Services or Human Services Related field. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tribal Driver’s License.
Please apply online at our website www.sagchip.org. The full job description can be viewed at this location.