SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provide high level administrative and office support to the daily operations of the
lnformation Technology Department. The duties and responsibilities of this position
may vary according to the needs of the office. Primary responsíbility is user support
and customer service. The Help Desk Specialist will work under the direct supervision
of the lnformation Technology Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. First point of contact for all SRST employees seeking technical assistance
and problem resolution with computer related problems.
Research questions using available information resources.
Diagnose and resolve minor technical hardware and software issues and
advise user on appropriate action.
ldentify and escalate situations to Computer Support Specialists or Director
that are requiring urgent attention.
May be required to install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software,
or peripheral equipment, following design or installation.
May be required to set up equipment for employee use, performing or
ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems or appropriate
Keep daily log of all work order requests and help desk interactions.
Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
Answer telephones in a courteous and professional manner, screen and
route calls accordingly, providing information, taking messages and
scheduling appointments, if necessary.
10.Greet and screen all visitors/guests in a courteous and professional manner
to avoid interruptions.
11. Compose and type necessary letters and/or memorandums of
correspondence for signature of the lT Director.
l2.Prepare all travel authorizations, mileage, expense reports, and purchase
orders for lT staff.
13.Attend training sessions, workshops and seminars as directed by lT Director.
14. Order offíce supplies and keep inventory for lT Department.
15. Prepare payroll timesheets accordingly for lT staff.
16. Responsible for all department billing, ensuring payments to vendors are
completed in a timely manner.
17. Maintain and keep accurate cuff accounts for department.
P.O. Box D Fort Yares, ND 58538 Phone(701) 854-3826 Fax (701) 854-9533
18. Organizing (manually filing and/or storing electronically) office information/records
for quick and easy retrieval.
19. Update all forms, telephone directories, and other necessary documents for
20.May be required to order, activate, and program cellular phones for SRST
Programs, as needed.
2l.Schedule meetings and/or appointments for lT Department staff.
22.Other duties and projects as assigned by lT Director.
1. Associate of Science degree in computer related field with a minimum requirement
of (2) years demonstrated work experience in computer systems.
2. Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office
Suite 200312007 including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Publisher, internal and external e-mail
applications including Microsoft Outlook 200312007, Outlook Web Access,
and user lnternet access.
3. Must be detail oriented and ability to work independently and as a team as
well as accept direction on assigned tasks.
4. Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during
slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise
patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
5. Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills.
6. Must have patience and be able to work under stressful conditions and/or
7. Must have outstanding customer service skills
8. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple assignments with frequent
10. Must have a valid driver's license and appropriate insurance.
11. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
12. Must pass a tribal and public trust position background check.
13. Must be able to travel as necessary.
SELECTED CAND¡DATE(SI FOR STAND¡NG ROCK SIOUX TRIBE POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT
TO ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO AND SUCCESSFULLY PASS
THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING WILL CAUSE FOR REVOCATION OF JOB OFFER.
No Tribal housing is available. The position is located at Tribal Administrative Service Center, Fort